Monday, April 30, 2012

FMM (Friend Makin' Mondays)

 My friend who has inspired me to be healither and get off my butt does this every Monday. She call's it FMM (Friend Makin' Mondays)  And I like the questions she posts, so here it is.

Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

1. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home?  Anything in my crockpot! With finals and work and volunteering with the fire department I'm so busy lately for much more than a crockpot meal. Last night was one of my favorites though: 3 Envelope Pot Roast, this was my second time making it in my crock pot and I must say it was YUMMY! We had that along with green beans and baked sweet potatos! I've been loving sweet potatos lately!

2. Do you like to experiment in the kitchen, or do you prefer to stick to the basics?  Not usually, I don't like to waste and when a kitchen experiment doesn't turn out as planned or totally unedible I get upset because I feel as though it is wasteful of the ingerdients.

3. What is your favorite cookbook? It's not a book... but I love most of the recipies I find on pintrest!

4. Do you have any tricks to share that help you reach your fruits and veggies goal for the day?  I like to have two cups of Light Strawberry Bannana V8 in the morning. That equals two servings of each! I actually prefer the Light version, which is awesome since it has half of the calories and sugar!

5. What’s the most interesting thing you made last week?  I made a butterfly cake for my great great aunts birthday. Everyone loved it! And everyone loved how my homemade icing isn't TOO sweet.

6. How often do you watch cooking shows on TV?
Almost never. Every now and again I'll watch an episode of Cake Boss or Next Great Baker, but that's about it.

7. When you’re hungry, where are you most likely to look first? The refrigerator, or the pantry? The fridge…

8. List a few healthy staples that can always be found in your kitchen.
Chicken, Light V8, water, apples

9. Are you motivated to cook at home even when you’re eating alone?
Yes, only because when I am eating alone it's because my fiance' is working nights and I have to send him to work with something to eat.

10. How often do you try new recipes? If I find something that sounds REALLY yummy then I'm likely to try it within days of discovering it. But unless I find something I really am eager to try then it's not too often that I try new recipies.



Now that my FMM post is done I'll talk about a few things bothering me.
I have walked for 30mins 8 days in the last two weeks to see only a 1lb loss. So tonight I upped the anty to 35min walk with 3lb hand weights on the treadmill and 10min on the eleptical. I'll try that and see what results I get. I've also cut down on sodas quite a bit. And when I do have one it's a diet soda.

On top of my friend motivating me to be a better me she totally made my evening by telling me that I motivate her sometimes! WHAT!? Me? Ms. Unmotivated motivated someone?! It may snow here is South LA tomorrow! Anyway I was pretty excited about that. Had to share it.

Also theres a guy who has recently joined the fire department that I'm a member of and my fiance' swears that the guy has a 'crush' on me. I say he's just being friendly. Plus the guy is 17 and I'll be 21 in a month + one day. He's pretty immature nut he's a really cool person at never the same time. Nothing more than friendship. My fiance' would probably never admit that he doesn't like when I'm at the station without him. But he's got nothing to fear. He's my one and only!

Speaking of turing 21, I can't wait! It'll be a 4 day mini vacation in Biloxi! After this crazy semester I need a break! And I need to feel the sun on my skin and toes in the sand! I do plan on drinking to celebrate this 21st birthday of mine with a few drinks... If anyone's reading this do you have any suggestions on a low-calorie mixed drink?
After the summer semesters are over my fiance' is planning another vacation! Except this one is 6days going to Eureka Springs, Arkansas and Branson, Missouri. I can't wait! Our first real vacation with just the two of us! I'm super excited!

til next time XOXO,
amee jo

No comments:

Post a Comment